Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 20, F is for Five Feet and Robot Pictures

Today we began the letter "F"......making the "F" page for the alphabet book. The students also practiced writing the letter "Ff" on lined paper. The weather was so delightful that we decided to have a picnic outside for lunch. Afterwards, the students worked in their math workbooks, starting chapter 2...patterns.


The story we read today.

Rosh of the day.

The students love work in their math workbooks.
This week we started chapter 2, patterns.

Thanks to AK's parents, our library has 2 new couches.

We don't have to sit on the floor to read anymore.

A little extra time for center games.

What a great creation JF and DE made with dominoes.

Picnic lunch outside.

Playing in the sukkah during recess.

"Ff" is for "five feet".




Just before the Sukkot break, the students made pictures from the story, "Swimmy" by Leo Lionni




While studying "robots", the students created their own robots with special jobs.
"My robot rescues people and kills the bad guys."
"My robot is a playground robot." "He helps the children get on the rides."
"My robot does inventions." "He bounces balls."
"My robot cleans airplanes."

"My robot has three eyes and can make rain."
"My robot always loves to eat." He eats cones."

"My robot sells ice cream. The monkey is her helper."

"My robot is Fraida's robots sister." "My robot eats ice cream."

"My robot can fly." My robot can do tricks."

"My robot juggles." "He is a clown robot."

"My robot is like a see saw." "He is a toy robot."

No comments:

Post a Comment