Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 13, Letter S


I hope that everyone had a very sweet Shana Tova. This will also be a short week, as Friday, there is no school.

Sadly, after taking only 2 pictures, my camera battery went dead. We were busy today finishing up our letter M. For an introduction to our new letter, S, I ready the story "Swimmy." There will be lots of activities around this story. After the M packets were completed, the students had their choice of centers. Most of them wanted to play with the Wikki Sticks that I bought for the class. I showed the students how to play 2 more of the math centers, but the Wikki Sticks won the popularity vote. After lunch, we worked on an apple stamp book, where the students practiced writing and spelling their numbers.

The story I read today by Leo Lionni, one of my favorite authors.

Rosh of the day.

Learning to play the new math game.


This is the set of Wikki Sticks I bought for the class.
The students loved shaping them.



No comments:

Post a Comment