Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 102, Starting our Bear Pillows


Today the students began working on sewing pillows. This has been an anticipated event since the beginning of school. Each year, I have a pretend sleep over, so those student who had siblings in my class, have been talking about it since August. One student was so excited, she brought her pj's to school today. I will be sending a note with all the information, as we get closer to the sleep over. It all depends how long it takes to sew the pillows. I have lots of stories that center around it, my favorite being, "Ira sleeps over."



Rosh of the day.

V is for volcano.


Extra time for centers.

A memory game of concentration.

Dot tile math center.

Picking out buttons for their pillows.

Working on the eyes of his teddy bear pillow.

Sewing on the button eyes.

The finished front.

Sewing...

...and sewing...

She said to me, "This is the best kindergarten project ever."

Holding the button in place for the threaded needle.

Look mom, I can sew!

She wanted her pillow to be round with a lamb on it.

Handwriting practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment