Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 75, The Mitten

New Sight Words went home today with an activity to go with it.
All week there will be sight word actities for homework.

The story I read today.
We will be working on "The Mitten" unit all week.

Another story I read today...
...this is an African Folklore Tale which I brought back from my trip to Africa.

The birthday girl doesn't like her picture taken.

Making a big mitten to house all of the characters in the story.

The animals that will crawl into the mitten.

His mitten is filled with all of the animals.
Tomorrow we will act out the story with their animal filled mitten.




Did you know that Africa has penguins!!
I brought back some stuffed penguins for the students.


I also gave each of the students a pencil from Africa's World Cup Soccer Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment